1) What was your favorite day, ever?
In the summer of 1992, I was 13 years old and had this amazing day where I went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) and almost got beat up by some white thugs but I narrowly escaped. Then I went to an arcade with my friend Dan and got 2 replays on Black Rose pinball, then when I got home there was this amazing sandwich waiting for me. That was probably it.
2) What is your favorite season?
Summer because I still see my life as a series of academic years. Though, for some reason all white people really love the fall.
3) Have you read War and Peace yet? If not, what is your favorite book?
I read a comic book version of War and Peace when I was 14 (not kidding). My favorite book is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle. It was the first book I remember loving as a kid that was not an athlete biography (my previous favorite was Throwin’ Heat by Nolan Ryan).
4) What is one piece of advice that you want to share with the world?
I would want to share advice with every nerdy teenage boy in the world: asking out a girl will not make things weird. Even if she says no.
5) What mood are you in RIGHT NOW.
I’m in a fantastic mood since it feels like summer in LA.